5 General Car Maintenance Tips You Should Be Using Now
A well-maintained car will give you years of service and ensure that you and your passengers are always safe on the road. Since this vehicle is so important to your daily lives, you must know how to keep it in working condition. Here are general car maintenance tips that can keep it in top condition and help you get approved for a title loan.
Regularly Check The Condition Of Your Tires
The first thing you need to make sure is that your tires are always properly filled with air. It is important you know the recommended tire pressure for your car’s tires. You can find this on a placard located somewhere in your car’s door jamb or your car manual.
To ensure that you’re recording the right tire pressure when you inflate your tires, you need to do it when your tires are cold – meaning you haven’t driven a long distance yet. Car care experts say that if you need to check pressure after many hours of driving, you should add 4 psi to the reading.
Don’t forget to inflate your spare tire, too. You don’t want for a flat to happen and just find out that your spare tire is also missing air.
Do A Regular Oil Change
Engine oil serves to lubricate all of the moving parts of your engine, preventing them from grinding against each other. When you don’t change your oil regularly, it will damage your engine and result in costly repairs.
You have two choices when doing an oil change. You can either go to a service center to have it done by an experienced mechanic or, if you’re quite handy and know your way around a car, you can do it on your own to save on service fees. Either way, you should know the type of engine oil that is recommended for your car.
The recommended oil for your car is indicated in your car manual. But remember that there are three factors that you need to consider when choosing engine oil – the viscosity of the oil, your car’s mileage, and whether you’ll use synthetic oil or non-synthetic oil.
As part of engine oil maintenance, you should always check the oil’s level by inspecting your engine’s dipstick.
Check Your Car’s Fluids
Aside from the engine oil, your car also has other fluids that you should periodically check to ensure that they’re at optimal levels and have not dried up yet. These are the coolant, power steering fluid, transmission fluid, and brake fluid.
If you notice any of these fluid levels are low, you may have a leak. Take note of the color of any leaks so you can explain the problem to a mechanic.
Be Aware Of Your Brakes
If your brake pedal suddenly feels too loose when you press it, or you need to exert more pressure on the pedal when you engage the brakes then you need to have it checked immediately.
You should also be aware of any sounds. If you hear any squealing, grinding, or rattling when you engage your brakes, that’s a strong indicator of a problem.
Replace Your Wiper Blades
You need to have great visibility when you’re driving – especially when it’s raining. Your wiper blades ensure that you can see clearly in any road or environmental conditions.
If you see any streaking or you hear squeaking when you use your wipers then it’s time to have the blades replaced.
Related content: The 10 Basic Life Skills Everyone Should Know
Why Should You Maintain Your Vehicle?
Maintaining Your Car Can Help Your Finances
Maintaining your car well can pay off, literally. For example, if you have to raise emergency cash, you can use your vehicle’s title as collateral for a car title loan. This kind of loan is perfect to help with emergencies. Whether a medical emergency, sudden home repair, or even an auto emergency, your title cash can help you out.
Title loans have a lot of benefits, besides helping out with emergencies, including:
- You don't need a high credit score. In fact, you can still apply even if your credit is non-existent.
- You don't need to submit a lot of documents. To process your loan, you just have to show the vehicle’s title, a state-issued ID or driver’s license, and your vehicle for inspection.
- You can raise cash quickly. Once you apply and one of our loan representatives can approve you, you will either get your cash the very same day or the next bank business day.
- You don’t have to surrender your car. You can continue using it as long as you follow the repayment schedule.
Related content: Who Can Qualify For An Online Car Title Loan?
How Do I Find Title Loans In Mississippi?
Applying for an auto title loan in Mississippi Title Loans is super simple. In fact, this is how easy it is to apply for and process a car title loan:
- Fill out a form online on our website. Make sure to select title loans because we also offer payday loans and installment loans.
- Someone from the nearest one of our title loan places will call you and arrange for a meeting. You can either decide to come into the store or have the loan rep come to a location you choose.
- At the appointed meeting, bring your driver’s license or any state-issued ID, your lien-free title to your vehicle, and your vehicle.
- The loan representative who called you will inspect your vehicle and check your documents. They will make an assessment and determine if you’re qualified to get a loan.
- If you get loan approval, you’ll get your money either that same day or the next bank business day.
If you are going to own a vehicle, you have to know about general car maintenance to keep it working. Make sure you follow these five tips in order to keep your vehicle in great condition.
Note: The content provided in this article is only for informational purposes, and you should contact your financial advisor about your specific financial situation.