What Do I Need to Transfer My Mississippi Car Title?
A vehicle title determines the legal ownership of the car. Therefore, you should conduct a Mississippi car title transfer whenever the ownership changes.
From buying a used car, purchasing a new car, or inheriting a vehicle, it must be legally transferred to your name within the state's specified timeframe.
Despite what you may believe, this isn't difficult. You just need to make sure you have the right documents, which we'll explain in the following sections, alongside the title transfer process.
What You Need for a Mississippi Car Title Transfer
The title must be transferred into your name within seven working days when you buy a new vehicle.
Purchasing from a dealer based in Mississippi means you don't have to be the one who pays the titling fees or handles the relevant paperwork. They do that for you. However, if you buy from a dealer out of the state or an individual, you must apply and pay for the title yourself.
As a rule, you will need the following items for a Mississippi car title transfer:
- The title with the assignment completed by the car's seller or donor and notarized
- A filled-in form for the certificate of title replacement
- The completed odometer declaration (only if the vehicle is less than ten years old)
- The bill of sale
- Receipts of aid sales taxes
How to Complete the Mississippi Car Title Transfer Form
Before you begin filling out the transfer of title form, be sure to read the instructions. If the wrong information is entered or the right information is entered in the wrong place, it can delay your application, causing you to miss the deadline.
- Locate the back of the title transfer form.
- Print your (buyer) name and address under the words "Assignment of title by registered owner."
- Fill in the vehicle's mileage on the following line.
- On the next line, the seller needs to provide their signature. If the car is owned by more than one person, everybody must write their signatures on this line.
- On the subsequent lines, they must print their names in block capitals and include the date the vehicle was sold.
- You sign your name in the next section. If the car is owned by multiple people, everybody must sign on the line and print their name on the following one.
Why Do a Mississippi Car Title Transfer?
Other than the fact it's a legal requirement conducting a transfer can open up emergency funding opportunities. For example, you can get car title loans from us once the vehicle title is in your name.
Our loans allow you to borrow money to cover the costs of unforeseen expenses like medical bills, vet fees, home repairs, or urgent travel. You don't need a perfect credit score (or even a good one), and the in-person portion takes just half an hour.
But the best part is that we come to you. If you don't want to visit your local Mississippi Title Loans, Inc. store branch, one of our representatives will meet you at your home or workplace.
How To Get A Loan With Your Car Title
Here is the step-by-step process to apply for our vehicle title loan. It is very simple and easy and can be completed in as little as 30 minutes!
- Start by completing our easy online request form.
- We will give you a call back to discuss the process once we receive your information, so please ensure your phone is nearby.
- On the phone, we'll ask you to pick a meeting location. We like to make our loans as easy as possible for you to acquire. Therefore, you don't even need to come into the store. One of our fabulous representatives will meet you at your home or workplace.
- Wherever you decide to have the appointment, please bring the following items:
- Your newly transferred lien-free vehicle title
- Driver's license or another kind of government-issued identification
- We will examine your documents and evaluate your vehicle to establish how much money you qualify for, which is between $300 and $2,500.
- Then you will sign the paperwork and ask any remaining questions.
- Finally, you get the money you need within 24 hours. Depending on the time you apply, the cash may hit your account on the same day.
Get Car Title Loans Today!
The next time you buy a vehicle, you won't have to worry about the title — you know exactly what to do to perform a Mississippi car title transfer. All you need is the odometer declaration, completed replacement application, the current title with the assignment complete, and the receipts of paid sales tax.
Following the transfer, you can borrow money through our Mississippi car title loans to cover unexpected expenses like medical bills. Just head to our easy-to-understand, secure online form to submit your request. We'll be in touch as soon as we receive your information.
Note: The content provided in this article is only for informational purposes, and you should contact your financial advisor about your specific financial situation.